- Published: Saturday, 07 March 2015 21:20
- Written by editor
Vote to scrap the garden tax
While charging residents to collect green waste, failing to stand up for people who work hard, save and do the right thing, they've chosen to protect:
- £1.7 million for taxpayer funded Trade Union offices
- £2 million for Euopean and Equalities Officers
- £3.8 million per year on council "policy officers"
- £37 million on council employee sick days
- £63 million on wheelie bins
Saving less than 5% from all these items would mean the council could scrap the garden tax, bring back bin bags and restore street cleaning to our suburbs.